Children and Young People
Update 3rd September 2021
Children's activities at St Peter's will continue outside whenever possible. Little Church at St Peter's, Messy Church at St Swithun's and Children's Sunday activities at St Mark's have resumed.
St Peter's Sunday Club happens every Sunday at 10 am.
Children from 3-14 years - come and make new friends!
Come and have fun with crafts, games and learns about God's love for us.
St Peter's YPF (Young People's Fellowship) meets every Friday (in term time) from 7.15 pm - 9 pm in St Peter's west end. Young people from school years 7-13 are welcome. Join us for evenings of fun, faith and fellowship!
Little Church is a group for pre-school children and their parents/grandparents/carers. We meet weekly in term time on Wednesdays from 1.15 pm to 2.45 pm in St Peter's west end. We have stories, songs, crafts and play, with snack time too. All welcome.
In our services:
Relax!! God put the wiggle in children, don’t feel you have to suppress those wiggles in God’s house.
· Consider sitting near the front where it is easier for your children to see
· Quietly explain what’s going on in the different parts of the service
· Sing the hymns, pray and voice the responses: children learn by mimicking you
· If you need to take your wriggler out of church for any reason feel free to do so but do come back if you can
· We have toy bags for small children, do ask for one
When there is no specific Sunday Club, there are toys and games available in the crèche area at the back of church but parental supervision is needed at these times.
All our Children’s and Young people’s workers are
fully BS checked.
Our Children and Youth Policy can be found by clicking here.